With the Covid-19 pandemic forcing many of us to work from home, many companies have turned their traditional business model into one that is hybrid, leaning towards digital tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of the company.
We learned through Covid that incorporating a remote learning tool is crucial towards this goal. As we approach this journey of recovery, a remote learning tool should continue to be engaged in the process, given its efficacy during work from home days.
So the question is, what makes a good mobile learning solution?
A good mobile learning solution is one that enables you to inform, engage and upskill employees in a way that’s:
Meet employees where they already are (smartphones), in a way they are used to accessing information in their 5-9 leisure time (via apps) for maximum impact.
The average human attention span is now just 8 seconds. To hold employees’ attention, information should be delivered in short, concise bursts.
A good mobile learning solution not only helps with learning and training but also with compliance strategies. This helps to define policies and procedures to ensure your employees know their work practices, while demonstrating a thorough understanding of applicable laws and regulations, and also being aware of the company's larger human capital resources objectives. As such, having a remote learning tool that helps with compliance strategies is extremely essential as it creates an organized environment for employees to learn since their objective is already made clear.
Use your remote learning tools to communicate your Covid-19 recovery plans to the team. Be transparent, set clear expectations, make key dates and information known. Anticipate what people might ask, and include it. Some generic questions you might like to address could be:
• How do you plan to reopen safely?
• When are people expected to return to work?
• What does this return look like?
• Is it full-time or part-time?
• Will your approach be staggered?
• What is the new policy on working from home/remote work?
• If people are anxious, can they opt to continue working at home full-time, for a period?
With Atiom, training materials can be uploaded into the one-stop library that consolidates everything. This will be organized in modules which allows for employees to attend and take a test. The test ensures that your employees understand what they are learning and understanding, depicting whether information have been communicated effectively.
The business model of companies will most likely change with the current climate. As everything shifts into the digital space, there will definitely be changes that employees should be aware of. Make known to employees exactly how COVID-19 has ‘rewired’ your company. Companies can employ ATIOM to create modules for their employees to address these key issues, such as:
• Have there been changes to workplace safety measures and requirements?
• Have worksites been reconfigured?
• Will the remote work experience be improved? E.g. Will there be subsidy given on purchasing working devices such as new laptops and monitors
• Will shifts be staggered for social distancing and How will it be done?
• Are there new initiatives or policies?
• Are there new softwares being used?
Covid-19 has changed the way people navigate workspaces forever. Employees, especially front-liners, are understandably more anxious and will hope for you to care for their well-being. Quell these anxieties in the information you send out. Make sure to share handouts on all these information. By using Atiom, you can store all of your information in our one-stop library that will be accessible for your employees anytime anywhere.
The handouts and modules at the very least should address things like: • Is personal protective equipment (PPE) - e.g. masks - required?
• Where can PPE be acquired?
• Are social distancing measures in place?
• For office workers, what measures are being taken to sanitise the space?
• What are the employment benefits if we were to catch the virus?
• Will cleaning products be provided? How can they be accessed?
• What is the etiquette for interacting with customers or clients? Are there safety measures in place - if so, what are these?
• Will there be workforce location tracking or contact tracing occurring?
With Atiom being a remote learning tool, users are able to access all these information whenever they like. Clearly, this brings about greater convenience for all users, bringing in a more hassle-free working environment. With one less thing to worry about, employers can be better able to focus their energy on other aspects such as caring for their team’s mental well-being while improving their new business model.